Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Salmon Cake

Finally, I found a good recipe for a canned salmon a friend gave me a few months ago. My officemate has been raring to have us taste crab cakes from a store close to where she lives but on the day we were to have them, apparently, there were no crab cakes available. She brought in halibut fish cake instead.

I seem to have this talent of dissecting what's in a recipe as long as I see it physically and I get to taste it too. Well, I tried this and it wasn't too bad.

Ingredients:

400 gms of steamed or canned fish (deboned and flaked)
2 stalks of green onions, finely chopped
1 big potato, steamed and mashed (coarsely)
1/4 red pepper, finely chopped
1/4 yellow pepper, finely chopped
1/2 onion, coarsely chopped
2 eggs
3 tbsp of olive oil
salt to taste

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.













Form the mixture into patties. Grill for about 10 minutes on each side. Serve with any salad. Spring mix is recommended.

5 comments:

cathy said...

dami namang ingredients. bubukas na lang ako ng salmon. hehehe

ting-aling said...

Hi Ca T, sana nandito ka, ako ang magbubukas para sa iyo.

Hi Tin, I served it as is..just a dash of salt and pepper for me.

ces said...

hi ting!
i've made salmon cake a couple of month sago..they're really good huh? got the recipe from 30 minute meals..

eye said...

my aunt from NY brought us canned salmon coz' i told her that it was expensive here hehe! thanks for sharing this recipe, masubukan nga sa weekend :)

ting-aling said...

Hi Ces, I heard they're even better if you use the fresh ones.

Eye, how was it?