Monday, November 13, 2006

Chicken Mami


I was hunting for recipes in my directory for my Lasang Pinoy 15 entry when I came across this one. Not the kind of leftover from a sumptous dinner but does fit the definition of "recycling". What I recall was I was cutting bite pieces for my Malaysian Chicken Curry one day and I didn't need the bony parts. I therefore set them aside and boiled them for soup stock. Flesh and soup stock in a container and discarding the bones, I literally threw the container into the freezer for a rainy day.
Autumn is upon us and the weather is tricky. I had wilting carrots and wombok in my fridge and when it's cold, you hardly want to even get your feet wet. Luckily, I had garlic and chicken boullion in my pantry and a few eggs in the fridge. Voila..chicken mami cook extraordinaire I was!

16 comments:

joyce said...

i've been looking for a soup recipe, eh dito lang pala ako makakakita nang napakasarap na paborito ko :) pagamit ng recipe ha?

ting-aling said...

Of course Ms. Joyce. Kumusta ka na?

joyce said...

naku, tinawag ako na Ms. Joyce...parang mabibinlaukan ako ha. i'm coping pretty well in this foreign land and except for a few minor headaches here and there, i'd like to say that i'm liking my stay here :) magre-research ako dito ng recipes na magugustohan ng friend ko'ng onaks ha? salamat ng marami!

Anonymous said...

wala bang kasamang siopao tong mami...nusta ka na

Anonymous said...

walang bang siopao? musta ka na

Toe said...

Oh, that's my favorite midnight snack... especially pag-nagpupuyat. Terrific comfort food too especially if homesick. :) Hehe... I agree with Techguy... it goes well with Siopao. Thanks for this Ting!

Unknown said...

I miss this dish very much. Try doing it your version

Unice said...

You have been tagged. Please visit lamesatkusina.blogspot.com for details.

Unknown said...

I miss this dish very much. Try doing it your version watch tron legacy online

jacica richerd said...

i've been looking for a soup recipe, eh dito lang pala ako makakakita nang napakasarap na paborito ko :) pagamit ng recipe ha?
Lawyer in Miami

Michal said...

Very Nice post.
I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post !!!

Kamagra

me said...

very nice dish
Watch Tron Legacy

me said...

Watch the green hornet film online stream free. during night time. newspaper guy Britt Reid is a crime fighter as called The Green Hornet. He wears a mask. His side kick is Kato.
Watch The Green Hornet

Watch Scream 4 Online
Watch Scream 4 online



Watch The Hangover 2 online

Watch The Hangover 2

Kurt said...

I love soups and this is the best soup for me!

Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

Unknown said...

wow..what a nice dist looking so yummy..
my life has also a memorable day.its my lovely day when i was 7 year old and my mom organize a birthday party...
clowns Miami

clar said...

My favorite <3 good for rainy seasons!
DalagangFilipina.info