Sunday, June 19, 2005

Manggang Hilaw


So how else is mango eaten? If it's not ripe, we Filipinos eat the mango with bagoong or salt. Mangoes are sour when they're not ripe yet.

There is this belief that the first indication that a woman is infanticipating is when she craves for "mangga'ng hilaw". For me it is all myth. I heard it before that the craving for sour things has something to do with the biological changes in your body when you are expecting or even when women are about to go through their monthly cycle. I will have to leave that to the people who have something to do with Science.

These mangoes were apparently green when they were shipped from Mexico. I knew I was in for luck when I saw them still green. Oh they might be expensive if I had to convert my money into Philippine peso but there was just no comparison between saving your money as opposed to having the most sought after fruit during this season.

(O hayan Manong Techguy..me manggang hilaw na ako, me bagoong pa).

11 comments:

sachiko said...

Hi ting! Never had manggang hilaw here. :( there are lots of the yellow ripe mangoes sold here,usually from mexico and yeah,packin expensive pero bili pa rin ako,hehe.. sandali,nakaka lunok laway naman itong post mo,ka asim!
and what's with techguy? don't tell me he is conceiving? lol!

Beng said...

muttiii, ang lupit mong talaga!!! pinatulo mo laway koh :(

kumusta na?

batjay said...

bigla akong naglaway. sarap sarap sarap lalo na pag ginisa sa bawang ang bagoong at medyo mainit init pa pag isinawsaw mo ang mangga.

ting-aling said...

Hi Sachiko. Everytime Techguy visits my site, I have something that needs bagoong and he always looks for manggang hilaw..

ting-aling said...

Mutti, I am doing fine..busy, busy, busy..

ting-aling said...

Batjay, ah, that will be my next project..manggisa ng bagoong..

Anonymous said...

babalikan kita sa mangga at bagoong mo, i just have to work from 7pm thurs night till friday 7pm...nice weekend tirahan mo ako ng bagoong...hehehe

K.noizki said...

NAG LAWAY AKO DITO!

KnoizKi

Grace Ediza Virlouvet said...

Ohhhh Dear!!! hmmmmn sabay lunok! super mahal mangga d2 pero bili pa rin... makkubos ako ng 5 giant green manggoes.. laban ka?? he he he.. tsk tsk... a true pinoy identity with bagoong... I just love it....

ting-aling said...

techguy, ang tagal! Ubos na.

ting-aling said...

Hi Knoi..o hayan finally!

Grace, real Filipino ha..mangga!