Thursday, September 09, 2004

Baked Chicken

Nangapit bahay ako kay Sassy and found out she had chicken too last night. We had chicken last night. The climate has changed. Fall is becoming apparent now. Brrr na naman. September, October, November..brrr. When I got home, our place was cold so I decided to turn on the oven. I brought chicken out for thawing before I left for work without any idea of what to do with it. When the weather gets so balmy, I feel depressed sometimes and I don’t feel like cooking. My daughter suggested that we should have baked chicken because she cannot help me. Yesterday was their first serious school day and she was busy with her homework.

I skinned my chicken. While it is good to leave them on to give the meat a little flavor, I tend to get tempted by eating the cooked skin while dishing out. Last night, I just said no and it was the end of it..no skin. Skin is the worst source of fat.

Ingredients:

4 pieces of skinned chicken thighs and legs attached (that’s how they were described at the grocery store)
2 tbsps of Club House Garlic Plus Seasoning
1 lb of nugget potatoes cut into quarters

Turn oven to 350. Rub seasoning to the chicken meat. Bake in oven for about 45 minutes to an hour.
In a bag, shake potatoes and about 1 tbsp of the seasoning and put in a bowl. Bake in the oven together with the chicken. Chicken and potatoes will be done about the same time.

Vegetables:

5 pcs of medium carrots, cut
1 lb of green beens, stringed and halved

Steam for about 7 to 10 minutes a few minutes just befere dinner.

Serve hot.

(The corn was extra. We had a few cobs left from the “inihaw na mais” batch and so I steamed them too)

No comments: