Friday, September 03, 2004

Greek Salad


I am not in Greece, I've never been to Greece but this was my first salad outside the Philippines. Artichokes, olives and Feta cheese make this palatable. It is easy to prepare too. In summer, this goes well with any barbecue . Depending on my mood, I usually just bring the washed but unsliced veggies and all the other ingredients and do the preparation when we get to the park. However, my husband prefers it to be marinated a bit so I try to do it at home.

What you need:

3 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp of olive oil
200 grams of feta cheese
3 medium sized roma tomatoes
2 pieces of field cucumbers
400 gms of olives
1 6 fl oz of marinated artichokes
1/2 of medium red onions
1 piece of green pepper

How to:

Just cut everything into bite size pieces, crumble the feta cheese and mix them all together in a big salad bowl. I put a little spice by adding about 50 gms of banana pepper rings. Some add mushrooms in theirs. I don't. Mushrooms have a distinct flavor that usually ruins the intended taste.

Well, I hope you'll have the chance of trying this before summer officially closes.

No comments: