Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Meat Loaf



This was one of my first photoblogs. When one of my officemates quit her job quite a while ago, we had a little goodbye party for her. I was assigned to cook or I think I offered to cook this. Even without the goodbye party , once a week, we have a get together (lunch) in the office. Each one is tasked to contribute something i.e. main course, salad, dessert, dishwashing etc.

We had this dish for tonight but never had the chance to take a picture of the loaf. Everyone was tired and hungry so I had to dig out from my archives for a picture.

You will need:

2 lbs of lean ground beef
2 eggs
1 can of sliced mushrooms
1 cup of green peas
1 medium carrot, shredded
¼ cup of ketchup
¼ cup of barbecue sauce, any kind
2 smokies sausages, grated
¼ cup of raisins
1 can of Campbell’s Chicken Stock
Dash of ground pepper
salt and soy sauce to taste
¼ cup of flour

Mix everything in a bowl. Form in a loaf pan and bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Top with barbecue sauce a couple of minutes before you take the loaf out of the oven. Let it sit out of the oven for about 5 minutes before serving. Serve with salad and buns or rice, whatever suits your style.

No comments: