Saturday, October 02, 2004

Apple Raisin Scones


Remember my blueberry scones? The ingredients I used are no different than the ingredients I used in making these scones except for the apples and raisins. Apples are in abundance now. We bought apples from the market for a $.89 per lb. Since the harvest season has started, we’ve been using apples in our salads. We’ve also been having them as snacks. When I looked at our fruit basket, I found out that some of the apples were actually starting to rot so I had to cook the good ones. When my kids were younger, I used to make the apples into applesauce but now that they've grown, it seems unimaginable to them that I have been feeding them applesauce. I have tried making apple pies before but I never perfected the dough. Well, the scones were my next choice.

Using the ingredients for my blueberry scone, I used apples and raisins instead of blueberries. I used about ¾ cup of cooked apples and ¼ cup of raisins.

I first peeled about 3 apples, wedged them and put them in a deep saucepan. I cooked the apples for about 10 minutes adding 2 tbsp of brown sugar and 1 tbsp of cinnamon powder. I let it cool for about an hour.

No comments: