Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Spaghetti Meatballs


This is one of my favorite stuff to freeze. The kids can just cook the pasta if they need to, thaw the frozen sauce, heat it in the microwave and I wont have to worry about them. I had to work last weekend and so this came in handy.

Whenever I can avoid frying, I try to. My meatballs were not fried. I cooked them in the toaster oven.

Ingredients

About 2 lbs of lean ground beef
1 medium onion, finely chopped,
5 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
2 eggs
4 tbsp of flour
¼ or less soy sauce
1 tbsp of dried parsley
1 tbsp of dried oregano
2 tbsp of olive oil
½ medium onions, coarsely chopped
2 cans of 400 ml tomato sauce
salt to taste
Cooked spaghetti pasta per packaging instructions
Parmesan Cheese
Garlic Bread


Mix the 8 ingredients together. Form meatballs into about a jackstone ball size or smaller. Arrange in a cookie sheet if you are baking them in the oven, otherwise in the pan that came with the toaster if you are using the toaster. You might have to do two batches if you are using the toaster. Bake for about 20 minutes or until cooked.

In a pan, heat the olive oil. Saute onions until translucent. Add the cooked meatballs. Season to taste. Add the Tomato sauce and simmer for about 20 minutes on low heat. Sometimes, I add green and red pepper but I had none when I cooked this. Whenever I go vegetable freak, I add brocolli and carrots but it isn’t a popular one for my loyal tasters.

Serve hot on top of pasta. Top with parmesan cheese. Serve with Garlic Bread and salad.

No comments: