Sunday, October 03, 2004

Halo-halo

Halo-halo is a common dessert, treat or just something to keep you cool when the temperature is damn boiling in the Philippines. I do not need to tell you anything more about this except that we had this after dinner tonight. I know what you’re thinking about. We must be crazy having halo-halo in fall. Actually, a Malaysian I know one day approached and asked me if I knew anything about the sweetened beans (kidney, white, red --all beans sweet). I told her that it was not something new to me because this had a lot of uses in the Philippines like the halo-halo. She got curious of course. Apparently, they also have something similar to our halo-halo and they call it the “Ice Kacang” pronounced as Ais Kachang. Out of curiosity, I googled it and there it was..Ice Kacang, exactly like our halo-halo.

No comments: