Sunday, October 03, 2004

Oriental Salad


I love this one. I learned how to prepare this from the wife of my boss when she came over to the office one day. The wife dropped off his lunch while my boss went out for an unscheduled lunch meeting. Instead of going home, she decided to eat the packed lunch thinking she was going to be stuck in traffic anyway. Besides, she had other things she was thinking of doing in between.

She had chicken wings and oriental salad. She gave me the recipe. She thought I knew how to do this, being an oriental (actually, an Asian). I haven’t heard of this in the Philippines, mind you.

The ingredients:

Savoy Cabbage, sliced thinly(You can use the regular cabbage)
Ramen Noodles, uncooked
Cabbage, really thinly sliced
Green onions, thinly sliced
¼ cup of roasted slivered almonds (she said she uses peanuts sometimes)

The dressing:

1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp brown sugar
¼ cup vinegar
½ of the seasoning that came with the ramen noodles

Mix the dressing in a shaker and then toss the salad.

No comments: