Thursday, October 14, 2004

Shrimp Wonton Soup

This is what my kids are going to have for tonight. I am going to visit a cousin who is suffering from CA and my kids find it morbid to even think about the fact. In short, they don’t want to go with me. Dad is on afternoon shift so it will be just the two rugrats left to fend for themselves. My daughter said she can just cook wonton with shrimps and vegetables. I trained them well, can you tell?

This is one picture I took a while ago. With frozen wontons, I could come up with a lot of ideas. I incorporate a lot of vegetables. I can also add some shrimps or when I get too fancy, I put barbecued tenderloin. But the basic how to is here.

1 lb of ground pork3 pieces of Pilipino longanisa(skinless)-optional
1 onion chopped finely
dash of ground pepper
1 clove of finely chopped garlic
4 tbsp of soy sauce
1 egg
1 tbsp of sesame oil
wanton wrappers
vegetables of your choice
a block of knorr seasoning or 1 tbsp of oxo shrimp seasoning

green onions, finely chopped

Mix the first 7 ingredients, except the wanton wrappers. Stuff the wrappers with about 1 tbsp of the mixture. Freeze extras for rainy days.

Boil about 2 cups of water. Put frozen wontons in. Let boil. Season with concentrated stock of your choice. Add Shrimps. Let boil until shrimps turn pink. Turn off stove and add vegetables if you them crisp. Let stand for about 5 minutes. Serve topped with chopped green onions and ground pepper if you wish.

Of course they have the adobong pusit and the guinataang pusit but I will hear about it later when I get home tonight..I have a feeling that I will have to finish everything myself.

No comments: