Saturday, October 23, 2004

Turkey Fried Rice

Okey, okey, I know you guys are turkeyed-out just by reading my post. Allow me though to post just this one and we’ll call it the end of my turkey story for now. For now because I still got some in the freezer.

The ingredients I used here are all leftovers. I had one, just one piece of chorizo sausage left. Of course I also had the turkey meat. Well, one rainy night last week made me too lazy to think of what to prepare for dinner. The mounting containers of leftovers in the fridge made me feel like getting rid of what’s inside the fridge altogether.

I had lots of small containers of cooked rice. In one corner, I had the chorizo. On the other, a small container of corn and in the freezer is about ¼ cup of green peas. Huh, what about putting them all together and coming up with fried rice? Not bad!

Ingredients:

1 tbsp of olive oil
1 chorizo sausage coarsely chopped
1 cup of turkey meat
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
½ coarsely chopped medium onion
about 4 cups of cooked rice
about ¼ cup of corn
about ¼ cup of green peas
salt to taste

In a pan, heat the oil. Put chorizo and cook until brown. Put chorizo on the side of the pan. Cook garlic for about 1 minute or until garlic turns lightly brown. Add onions and turkey meat. Add rice and cook for about 5 minutes. Add corn and green peas and cook for another 2 minutes. Season wit salt. I used a dash of paprika to add color to it. I had this for lunch the next day.

No comments: