Sunday, October 17, 2004

Balimbing, Mangosteen, Saba and Passion Fruit

My weekend didn't work as planned. We originally planned for a turkey dinner last weekend. Before I knew it, husband was working overtime and was not coming home until 12:00 AM. Besides that, I woke up early Saturday with a terrible headache. My husband kept on blaming me for not using my pair of glasses. He wanted me to wear them on and go back to bed. I haven't heard of anyone sleeping with their glasses on except my Uncle who used to work so hard and would usually fall asleep on the couch while watching TV. Anyway, I went back to bed after drinking aspirin and woke up at 11:00 am refreshed and headache gone or so I thought. Since hubby was working I thought of going shopping. There was a mall newly opened a few minutes away from us. Kids knew what they were going to be into if they went with me so they pretended they had lots of homework. I decided to take it easy and take the bus instead of driving. In the new mall, there was a store selling purely organic foods. Not that I go for purely organic foods but I was quite surprised with what they had. This cost me over $6 but I wanted to show my kids what these were.

Of course when I bought the saba I already had something to try in mind. Sassy had this but she had it fried. I tried brushing the saba with butter and baked them in the oven toaster instead of frying them. I simmered about 6 tbsp of honey and 1/4 homo milk for the topping. It was alright but I will try it with something else when I go to the Filipino store. (I forgot to put the cinnamon)


No comments: